11.22.2010

Inspirational print jobs

There are a lot of designers that do artwork that appeals to me. There is one studio, though, that I fancy a little bit more than others. Or, at least, others that I've so far discovered. Maybe, with some further research, I will find a new one - but that's a part of life I guess. As you go on, open-minded and not afraid of the new and upcoming, you will always find new influences and new inspirations. How lovely isn't that? A great deal if you ask me!


A favorite quote of mine is the one spoken by Albert Einstein "The only source of knowledge is experience." And that is very true, don't you think? Especially when it comes to the design industry due to all the differences between the designers and their work. It takes a lot of research, a lot of "getting out there, getting dirty" and the will of being under a constant development to become a designer I think. So, as of right now - due to my research so far I can give you this:


The design studio that I mentioned before is the Boheem Design Studio, that actually is situated very close to us - in Surry Hills. The director Claire Bonnor and her crew does amazing designs when it comes to print designs. Or, at least that is MY point of view of course.


They do simple and logic yet not boring designs. Not too much. But neither too little going on. Especially I like their work for Lexus, General Pants Group, Arrowfield, Sony Foundation Australia and the High Tea Party.




Lexus2.jpg


GPG11.jpg
ARR_2.jpg
ARR_6.jpg
ARR_7.jpg
ARR_9.jpg
SONY_invite2.jpg
SONY_books2.jpg
THTP1.jpgTHTP2.jpg


As you can see there is alot of clean and clear designs in these print jobs. A lot of typography as well, which absolutely is one of my passions when it comes to designing.
I really have to say that I get a lot of inspirations from these designs and feel eager to do my own print jobs in the future. Editorial designs and print jobs is what I'm aiming for, so I guess that is why I fell so in love with the portfolio of Boheem Design.


( All of the photos are from their portfolio, published on their studio website: http://www.boheem.com.au/portfolio_pages/portfolio_home.html )



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar